In the New Versions words that identify Christ as God are stolen away. And if these omissions are not enough, bogus words are slipped into the text. These mud links in the chain of proofs of Christ's deity tend to enhance the idea that Christ is a created Being. The Bible's witness to the self-sufficient power of Christ to save, sustain, guide, and intercede is weakened by the changes in the new versions. Rather than presenting Christ as a Savior suffering and dying for His own elect people, in verse after verse the new versions dilute His work of salvation. Many places teach universal salvation.
The Six Best-selling New Versions and the Deity of Christ:
1. Christ causes men to stumble and fall, so it is His fault if they sin (Isa. 8:14; Rom. 8:33; 1 Pet. 2:8 — All six)
2. As Wisdom He is said to be the first of God’s works, so a creature are about Christ! (Pro. 8:22 - 31 — All six)
3. He is made to be subject to the Judgment, a sinner (Matt.5:22 — All six)
4. He is made to deny His own goodness (Matt. 19:16, 17 — All six)
5. His omnipresence is denied Him (John 3:13 — NIV, NASB, NRSV, NAB)
6.. Christ’s knowledge of God is equated to the knowledge of God that men have of God (A Manichean error, John 10:14, 15 — All six)
7. His propitiation is consistently denied to be sufficient in various ways (Rom. 3:25, 26; Heb. 1:3; 1 John 2:2 — All six)
8 He is denied the right to affirm that He is God when He says I AM!
15 times: (Matt. 14:27; Mark 6:5; 13:6; 14:16; Luke 21:8; 22:70; John 4:26; 6:20; 8:24, 28; 13:13, 19; 18:5, 6, 8 (See Acts 7:35) — All except NAB)
9: Christ was sacrificed, but it was not specifically for His sheep alone (1 Cor. 5:7) He was made sin, but not for ''us,'' His elect (2 Cor. 5:21); He is said to have suffered, but not for us, His beloved (1 Pet. 2:21; 4:1); He is not allowed to specifically take away ''our'' sins alone. (1 John 3:5 .— All six)
10. All six insert an Arian, Socinian, Universalist footnote that takes away the Godhood of Jesus Christ (Rom. 9:5, footnote — All six)
11. They all deny that He is ''God manifest in the flesh'' (1 Tim. 3:16 — All six)
12. He is made to violate His own vow (Mark 14:25; John 19:29 — All six)
13. They say that His origins are in this world (Micah 5:2, Matt. 2:6 — All six)
14. God says that Christ saves us, but in these new versions by shifting the Greek words around they say that ''baptism now saves you.'' (1 Peter 3:20, 21 — All six).
The new versions destroy the unity, integrity and authority of the Scriptures. In doing this they disobey many of God’s commands, such as: ''Do not add to His words, lest He reprove you and you be found a liar'' (Proverbs 30:6).
Jay P. Green, Sr. (1918-) is Translator and Editor of The Interlinear Hebrew-Greek-English Bible and the translator of the Modern King James Version of the Holy Bible, The Teenage Version of the Holy Bible, and the Literal translation of the Holy Bible. He has written numerous books on textual criticism. 124 pages, paperback
Product Code: 1878442716